Under the direction of the Senior Director of Group Sales & Membership Development, the Manager of Membership Development is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Membership Development Specialist Team, who manage our Wine and Gold United Members (Season Ticket Holders). The MDS manager is responsible for helping to ensure that the team is in the best position to achieve their membership retention goals and uphold the standards of the organization. The Manager of Membership Development is responsible for holding their team members accountable for daily activity metrics, as well as ensuring they embody the five characteristics (positive attitude, passion, work ethic, openness to learning, leadership). By doing so, they will ensure their team provides proactive service by anticipating the needs of their clients and delivering tailored benefits and experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, and execute weekly training sessions with the Membership Development Specialist Team to focus on improving sales and service skills as well as cross-selling and objection-handling techniques.
- Assist in the creation of the membership re enrollment business plan and budget for the Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage Field House events as well as all Wine and Gold United membership events.
- Work closely with each individual Membership Development Specialist by conducting weekly one-on-one coaching sessions to review problem accounts, answer questions, and provide professional coaching.
- Assist in the development and design of new membership offers, benefits and products.
- Works with the Group Sales team and other areas of the organization on group theme nights and promotions to encourage cross-department collaboration
- Create a touch point plan that encourages a strong interaction with each Wine and Gold United Member.
- Create and manage a schedule to ensure all phone coverage, game-day duties, and other required sales staff appearances are fulfilled by Membership Sales Representatives
- Monitor online portal and mobile app to ensure that all content is up-to-date, and members are receiving accurate updates
- Work with marketing team to assist in content creation for Wine & Gold United communications including newsletters, event invites and updates, and benefit reminders.
- Build a personal relationship with the WGU members by attending meetings, game-day seat visits, and making calls with MDS representatives.
- Management of Fan Experience Package sell-thru and execution in game as well creating new opportunities for Fan Experience ideas and maximization.
- Embodying the 5 characteristics – Work Ethic, Passion for your Craft, Positive Attitude, Openness to Learning, and Leadership.
- Implementing/executing career growth map for Membership Development Specialists.
- Accountability and progression of the MDS Team Member by conducting weekly one-on-one sessions with the team members to evaluate monthly performance as it pertains to activity levels, sales numbers, and how the team members embody the five characteristics. In addition, developing yearly performance reviews as defined by the Human Resources department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have strong communication skills, judgment of talent, training and coaching skills, sales skills, leadership skills, mentoring skills, and a strong passion for the sports industry. Sales management experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.