Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the leadership of the VP of Global Partnerships, creates and sells commercial partnerships for Cavaliers Operating Company, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena and other miscellaneous special events. The Manager of Global Corporate Partnership Development constantly relates to the client as a business advisor, economist, advertising counselor and marketing/merchandising coordinator.
- Meet and exceed personal and team annual revenue targets through the sale of new integrated partnerships
- Generate qualified leads and maintain a continuous pipeline of prospects through a strong network of contacts and by maximizing outbound calls, face-to-face meetings, in-game entertaining and other networking opportunities
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team and other departments to secure the data and insights necessary to make informed recommendations and decisions during the sales process
- Delivers effective presentations which satisfy prospects’ needs through various combinations of Cavaliers marketing including digital content, digital and linear media, bold activation spaces, custom retail initiatives, branding, promotions, community service and premium giveaways.
- Reacts to and overcomes problems or objections; executes contract and coordinates billing process.
- Implements all aspects of the partnership while working with the Activation Team; assists and directs the implementation of promotions, develops POP displays, arranges prizes, coordinates media and writes announcements.
- Follows-up on all deadlines, making sure all materials are on time.
- Ensures that all NBA and team regulations are properly adhered to.
- Submits timely reports to management, including weekly sales revenue reports.
- Entertains and nurtures relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Prospecting and researching companies, organizations, associations and current sponsorships around different leagues and industries to establish dialogue in the discovery of potential partnership needs
- Utilizing CRM based systems to organize and account for prospecting and building potential partnership deals.
- Managing pricing (rate card) of partnership assets, inventory and team philosophies to selling and development of partnership packages.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with all functional areas of business and with key stakeholders in the organization.
- Creating and presenting to Director of Sales and prospective partners holistic solution based proposals and offerings that aligns with company initiatives and appropriately reflects our company brand.
- Working closely with Partnership Marketing Managers to ensure a good transition of sold accounts for clients to receive superior service, activation plans and complete fulfillment of contract details.
- Maintaining a positive and team focused attitude for success and to problem solve as needed.
- Achieving high productivity and activity levels for new business development and engagement on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree, Preferably a former Student/Athlete
- Must have a minimum of two years Corporate Sales or Partnership Development experience in the major league sports industry or minimum of five years in B2B sales experience at media, agency or tangential industry.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have solid understanding of digital sales and cultivation of revenue through content.
- Must be available to work Arena events, including all Cavaliers home games.
- Ability to demonstrate passion, drive and coachability.
- Proficient in regional, national and global sales strategy, cultivation and negotiation.
- Minimum requirement of three (3) years relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
- Must be a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.