Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Manager, Game Presentation for the Cleveland Monsters is responsible for the management of all Cleveland Monsters game and event entertainment and production services. It includes, but is not limited to, full production coordination of Monsters game entertainment and game night elements, plus additional events, as necessary. This position, based at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications for Franchise Properties. This role will work closely with creative teams and counterparts in marketing and game presentation, as well and marketing and game presentation leads within the organization, on an on-going basis.
This position will be responsible for the development of the overall event presentation strategy, live entertainment direction, creative management of all interactive elements, and coordination of in-arena technological capabilities.
The Manager, Game Presentation supervises game night staff associated with game entertainment, including promotion teams, mascot, Ice Patrol, in-arena hosts, PA announcer, and all other game presentation support staff, including audio and lighting technicians.
- Produces and directs Cleveland Monsters Game Presentation to a league-best standard
- Consistently meets, works with and develops strong relationships with department leaders from each franchise by being engaged and involved with team initiatives. Has finger on the pulse of these initiatives and executes through proactive thinking, creativity and innovation.
- Possesses an overall positive attitude while managing multiple projects across different franchises and departments. Needs to provide clear communication, direction and leadership on a daily basis to members of team and team leaders.
- Maintains an expert-level knowledge of technological capabilities of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, including lighting, sound, and video.
- Works hand-in-hand with Director of Video Presentation and Live Event Producers to develop engaging video content and has a firm grasp of content library, keeping content at fingertips at all times during live events
- Develops interactive ideas and promotions to continually improve the Monsters game experience
- Oversees and directs part-time staff associated with game entertainment, including seasonal, promotion teams, mascot, Ice Patrol, in-arena hosts, PA announcer, and all other game presentation support staff, including audio and lighting technicians
- Maintains Monsters Game Presentation Department Budget expenditures and submits annual budget and business plan
- Works directly as a proactive solutions-based partner with other team departments; Marketing, Corporate Sales, Communications, Membership Services, Ticket Sales, Community Relations and Hockey Operations to fulfill contractual obligations and maintain an entertaining and fan-focused presentation
- Coordinates activities in conjunction with mascot, Sully, for in-game elements and outside event appearances
- Provides event management and creative production support for Rock Entertainment Group properties, Cavs, Charge, and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events/operations, as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years experience in professional sports or college athletic department.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong communication and leaderships skills – both written and interpersonal.
- Ability to work independently and see projects through completion.
- Can often include long hours of physical activity and lifting boxes and prop cases.
- Flexibility in availability as hours can be non-traditional.
- Creativity and ability to actively engage in brainstorm sessions.
- Strong attention to detail regarding budgets and ever-changing script content.
- Interest in staying up to date on Game Presentation industry trends and new elements.
- Ability to pridefully represent the Game Presentation team throughout the organization, while overseeing part-time staff members and interacting with the fan base.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and advisors, any individual working onsite in our offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.