JOB SUMMARY :
The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse seek a teachable, dedicated individual who possesses superior listening and communication skills and is eager to grow their career selling group tickets for our organization. Under the guidance of the Director of Group Sales, our Group Events Specialists sell group tickets for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters (AHL), Canton Charge (NBADL), Cleveland Gladiators (AFL) and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Generating new group sales through telemarketing, outside appointments, sales events and building tours.
- Prospecting new group sales opportunities through telemarketing, referrals and networking events.
- Setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups.
- Developing professional relationships with current clients for group outing renewals and referral leads.
- Providing a high level of service to all accounts.
- Working all Cleveland Cavaliers home games as well as some outside events.
- Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including luncheons, business shows, conventions, etc.
- Cross selling and upselling clients into other Cavaliers product lines (i.e. memberships, premium) and other properties’ product lines (Cleveland Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators and Canton Charge) as well as Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events
- Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
- Assisting with creative concepts for production of group sales materials including brochures, flyers, digital content and all other support materials.
- Must have excellent time management skill and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Assist with other group duties as assigned.
- Previous internship or work experience within the sports industry.
- Bachelor's degree.
Minimum of 2 years of sales experience (ideally with a sports franchise) with a proven track record in a high-volume sales environment.
- Relationship selling experience is a plus.
- Computer literacy required.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Willingness to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.