Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Graphic Designer will work in part with the Cavaliers creative team and be involved in the day-to-day digital design and brand management of all organizational properties. Project work includes the development, and presentation of creative drafts and ideas for marketing, ticket sales, and basketball operations initiatives – including, but not limited to design for email campaigns; banner advertisements; mobile experiences; digital boards; and logo development for seasonal campaigns; member events and promotions; and social media design.
The ideal candidate will contribute BIG ideas and provide innovative solutions to daily creative tasks. Our ideal candidate is a person who can take a giant leap into our creative group and make an immediate impact in the evolution of brand aesthetic content.
The Cavaliers creative team is a group of highly motivated and talented professionals who create “wow” experiences through creativity, brand development and design. We are obsessed with creating the most dynamic, innovative and groundbreaking content that drives branding, marketing campaigns, partnership activations, ticket and retail sales efforts, and fan engagement initiatives for our franchise properties.
This role works in support of all organizational properties, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland Monsters, Canton Charge, Cavs Legion GC and other key properties and projects as defined throughout the year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Describe in detail the specific activities that are performed and the responsibilities the position is held accountable for. These duties should be listed in order of importance.
- Maintaining the brand for the Cleveland Cavaliers and all other organizational properties.
- Possess knowledge of concepts, techniques and design for digital mediums.
- Possess knowledge of concepts, techniques and design for social mediums.
- Designing graphics and content for digital mediums.
- Designing graphics and content for social channels.
- Experience in building motion graphics a plus.
- Knowledge of user experience and interaction (web, app, email, etc.) design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent proofreading skills.
- Willingness and ability to see projects through to completion in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team player and take direction from team members.
- Strong interviewing, listening and visualization skills.
- A strong familiarity with current trends, color and design techniques.
- Ample knowledge of the creative process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across a variety of brands at once with revolving timelines.
- A strong interest in design for marketing and advertising within a sports environment.
- Provide direct creative production support for the Cleveland Cavaliers and franchise properties, including but not limited to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland Monsters, Canton Charge, Cavs Legion GC and other key organizational projects and initiatives.
- Focus on the client experience (internal and external clients).
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Senior Art Director
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Experience: Expert knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Acrobat Pro) in a Mac environment
Candidates Must Be: Eager to collaborate; obsessed with teamwork; flexible to change; organized and calm under pressure; innovative; a big thinker with actionable plans; solutions-based; customer-service oriented (both internal and external clients); a proactive communicator; adaptable to the game plan; willing to fail forward; flexible to sports industry hours; and passionate about building brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.