Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
FieldHouse Creative is the award-winning, in-house video production team providing the most dynamic and ground-breaking creative content to drive game presentation, marketing campaigns, web/digital video content, and team-driven initiatives for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters, Cavs Legion Gaming Club, Cleveland Charge, and other key properties and projects associated with Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
This well-organized team member will provide coordination of live event video and graphics and demonstrate quick decision-making while providing video playback for one of the best arenas in the world. This person will also oversee, manage, input, revise and ensure metadata is completed for all FieldHouse Creative events in a timely manner.
This team player is crucial to the success of live events. A strong attention to detail, an ability to organize content and information, adhere to a defined approval process, and seek education to improve processes and the overall fan experience.
FieldHouse Creative provides many services for various areas of our organization, including, but not limited to, the Cleveland Cavaliers, Monsters, Charge, Legion Gaming Club, and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
GAME DAY MANAGEMENT
- Work with FieldHouse Creative team to ensure that content is completed on time, loaded, meets or exceeds FHC quality standards, and has been approved.
- Understands, studies and provides feedback on video elements that are integrated in front of a live audience.
- Strong knowledge of NBA basketball, hockey, and pop culture.
- Proactively provides creative ideas on how to integrate pop culture into Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events.
- Works with arena staff to coordinate with outside partners to ensure all FieldHouse events are a complete success.
- Coordinates with game night crew and is a reliable liaison between game night team members and the game night director.
- Assumes the role of event director for designated events.
- Works directly with the building audio engineer to set standards and test every piece of content with audio in advance of every live event.
- Strong understanding of Grass Valley Dyno system and Grass Valley file structure.
- Inputs and oversees metadata tags for more than 100 Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events every year.
- Responsible for archiving and the organization of footage. Strives to find best-practices and works with FHC teammates to ensure the best management of digital assets.
- Educates all teammates on proper labeling, archiving, tagging and organization of metadata system.
- Works closely with editors and engineers to ensure everyone is using the metadata system to its full potential.
- Recommends updates to ensure ease of use for not only current editors but future editors who will need to access current footage through the long-term storage archive.
- Provides creative production support for major organizational events, including, but not limited to Cleveland Cavaliers, Monsters, Charge, Legion Gaming Club, Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, and other key organizational projects and initiatives.
- Contributes new perspectives and ideas on how to improve FieldHouse Creative. This includes organization, video production, storage, efficient management of time and any other areas that can be improved.
- Participates and brings new ideas and techniques independently as well as during designated brainstorm sessions.
- Provides a supportive role in the development of the FHC team.
- Focuses on supporting the growth of quality, depth and capabilities of our production team, enhancing our creative capabilities and driving innovation.
- Active and proficient in the use of social media.
- Provides and conducts training to FieldHouse Creative crew in areas of expertise as needed.
- Develops strong vendor relationships that support game day initiatives, including third-party production partnerships and new technology partnerships, among others.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to ensure successful management of FieldHouse Creative resources.
Work Experience Requirement
- 5+ years working in live sports environment.
- 5+ years of editing experience including Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- 5+ years working with production software and equipment.
- 5+ years of working with or leading a team to accomplish organizational objectives
Advanced college coursework, degree, or comparable experience (5+ years) in video production preferred.
- Flexible schedule- holidays, nights and weekends as needed to accommodate event schedule.
- Detail Oriented – must have an extraordinary attention to detail.
- Responsible – always able to meet deadlines.
- Team-Minded - dedicated to working within and occasionally leading a team.
- Producer - can bring an idea from brainstorm phase to completion.
- Personality – enthusiastic, positive, and loves entertaining the fans of Cleveland.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.