FAN DEVELOPMENT - SEASONAL ASSISTANT
Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in a fast-paces and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Primary Overview of Position
Under the guidance of the Director of Fan Development, this person will observe and learn the functions of the Cavaliers Fan Development Team participating in various team activities, events and day-to-day operations. The Seasonal Assistant is an integral support position assisting in all facets of the Fan Development arm of the Cleveland Cavaliers Marketing Department. This position requires extreme organization and attention to detail, a positive attitude and someone who is motivated by achieving team goals.
Assist in the coordination/implementation of All For Fun Tour events hosted at various locations throughout Ohio. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a fan-first attitude ensuring strong positive engagement occurs amongst event attendees
- Consistently interact with fans and engage them in “All for Fun Tour” activations
- Coordinate activities within the “All for Fun Tour” which include but are not limited to: face painting & face temporary tattoos, interactive & inflatable games, video games, music, basketball & more
- Coordinate the setup and tear down of “All for Fun Tour” related activations
- Drive on-site enrollment of Cavs Kids Club Memberships/Kits
- Manage additional promotional team staff on-site at Tour activations
- Maintain overall cleanliness and presentation of “All for Fun Tour” promotional vehicle at on-site activations
- Maintain on-going communication with Sr. Coordinator, Fan Development, providing immediate photos from events to post to social media, updates about staffing & vehicle issues and more
- Document each activation within 24 hours including brief overall review of event; attendance estimate, photos and updates in Fan Development data acquisition and Cavs Kids Club on-site enrollment goals
Hands-On Experience as it relates to Cavs Academy Youth Basketball and Cheer & Dance Summer Camps
Assist with all Youth Sports activities including:
- Coordination of Summer Camp attendee kits
- Assist with coordination of daily Summer Camp check in/check out process
- Coordinate daily lunch program for Coaches and Campers
- Weekly jersey & short inventory
- Maintain on-going communication with Coordinator, Youth Sports, providing immediate photos from camp to post to social media, updates about Camp activity and more
Coordination of Cavalier Legends’ Appearances
Assist in the coordination of all Cavaliers Legends’ events & appearances hosted at various locations throughout Ohio. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the Legends’ overall appearance schedule
- Serve as a liaison between internal clients/Departments and Legends to communicate all details of appearances to the Legends
- Maintain inventory of promotional materials such as autograph cards, nameplates, tablecloths, backdrops, etc.
- Coordinate each on-site setup and tear down of all Legends-related activations
- Drive awareness & education on-site for the Legends that are in attendance
- Work closely with @Cavs social team to drive advance awareness of Legends appearances through social media & team site posts
- Maintain Legends operational program budget
- Maintain on-going communication with Director of Fan Development providing immediate photos from events to post to social media, updates about Legends in attendance & more
- Document each activation within 24 hours including brief overall review of event; attendance estimate, photos and more
- Serve as the Legends’ liaison with Cavaliers Ticket Sales Team, coordinating requests and use of Cavs game tickets & Suites
- Maintain year-round connectivity with each of the Legends, fostering relationships and assisting with any Legends’ requests or questions
- Maintain relationships with counterparts across the League, tracking best practices and trends
- Actively research and seek out public-facing opportunities for potential Legends Appearances such as Festivals, Parades, etc.
- Provide monthly engagement updates & photos to organization while encouraging inclusion of Legends at all Team events
- Work in concert with Cavs Digital Team, ensure that Legends page on Cavs.com is updated weekly, including calendar of upcoming appearances, up, updated photo galleries, etc.
- Work closely with Community Relations, Basketball Communications and Director of Alumni Relations on additional activations such as day-of-game engagement opportunities and more
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy is required; experience in Prezi and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) is preferred. Experience in related activities at the college level is preferred.
- Must be organized and highly detail oriented. Must be flexible, able to accept direction and constructive criticism, as necessary, and to absorb and work on multiple projects.
- Must take responsibility seriously and be independently motivated.
- Maturity and the ability to distinguish between ordinary and out-of-ordinary events and/or circumstances are essential.
- Must be available to work irregular hours including: Cavs home games, nights and weekends.
- Interest or college coursework in Sports Management and/or Marketing preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse as well as offsite activation events.
- Must be able to work “All for Fun Tour” activation events as well as Youth Sports activations and events as needed from June 1st 2019 through May 1st 2020.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and enthusiasm for the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and make decisions on the spot
- Must collaborate well in a team environment.
- Self-starter that can execute tasks throughout the game while engaging fans.
- Team-orientated individual that is outgoing and able to connect with fans.
- Trustworthy individual who can be responsible in cash handling.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.