Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Partnership Development, creates and sells corporate partnerships to new partners for Cavaliers Operating Company, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse and other miscellaneous special events. The Director of Global Corporate Partnership Development constantly relates to the client as a business advisor, economist, advertising counselor and marketing/merchandising coordinator.
- Prospects new business clients by investigating prospective companies.
- Delivers effective presentations which satisfy prospects’ needs through various combinations of Cavaliers marketing elements including digital content, digital and linear media, bold activation spaces, custom retail initiatives, branding, promotions, community service and premium giveaways.
- Develops new and exciting promotions.
- Reacts to and overcomes problems or objections; executes contract and coordinates billing process.
- Implements all aspects of the partnership while working with the Activation Team; assists and directs the implementation of promotions, develops POP displays, arranges prizes, coordinates media and writes announcements.
- Follows-up on all deadlines, making sure all materials are on time.
- Ensures that all NBA and team regulations are properly adhered to.
- Submits timely reports to management, including weekly sales revenue reports.
- Entertains and nurtures relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
- Must have a minimum of two years Corporate Sales experience in the major league sports industry.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have solid understanding of digital sales and cultivation of revenue through content.
- Must be available to work Arena events, including all Cavaliers home games.
- Proficient in corporate social media both domestic and internationally.
- Proficient in global sales strategy, cultivation and negotiation.
- Minimum requirement of three (3) years relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
- Experience with Photoshop and Prezi is preferred.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high-level executive positions.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
- Must be a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.