Construction Project Accountant
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Construction Project Accountant is an experienced professional capable of organizing and analyzing all financial elements of the Quicken Loans Arena Transformation construction project. Under the leadership of the Vice President of Finance, this position will work internally with the Finance and Facility Operations teams and externally with the general contractor, construction manager and governmental entities.
This position requires two (2) to five (5) plus years of accounting experience working in the construction industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and format all project-related financial records in sufficient detail to provide in-depth reporting and analysis.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external project managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Review final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all construction projects, including all applicable backup for final payment approval.
- Coordinate payment with arena owner and County government for all project invoices and maintain files for all project billings.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of project budget; communicate with the Vice President of Finance and Senior VP of Facility Operations your observations.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance analysis to management.
- Prepare special project analyses for the project manager and others.
- Attend all project-related meetings.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for project accounts.
- Financial reporting including monthly analysis of actual results versus budget.
- Forecast and communicate the impact of construction project results to the Vice President of Finance.
- Assist with development, implementation and documentation of internal controls over the construction project process.
- Prepares year-end audit schedules as needed for auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of construction project accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Detailed knowledge of construction project accounting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Understanding of the overall project execution process, including budgeting, project forecasting, cost control, and scheduling.
- Effective time management skills and flexibility to handle multiple tasks and strict deadlines.
- Ability to produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in an organized manner.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft GP a plus.
How did you hear about this job?