Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-paced and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Community Relations & Player Programs, and the Community Relations Team, the Seasonal Assistant shall support all aspects of community relations’ efforts including events, donations, programs and assist with various initiatives and events throughout the season.
This is a temporary, 25 hours per week position that is expected to run through the duration of the 2019-2020 NBA season. Please note that in this role, you may be required to work game nights, weekends and/or holidays as the team’s schedule dictates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the in-kind donation requests and oversee the fulfillment process
- Work with an online database system to ensure all donation requests are fulfilled
- Coordinate and manage mail requests including fan mail, community donation requests and appearance requests
- Respond to all phone and e-mail inquiries and requests
- Assist with the execution of the team’s community programs and outreach events
- Assist in the execution of special events and appearances
- Assist the Community Relations Team with game-day activities, which may include Cavaliers Community Foundation 50/50 Raffle and Auction Platform, Awareness Nights and Community Relations Program Activations
- Provide general assistance to the Community Relations Team as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program from a four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior working experience in sports community relations is preferred, either at the college or professional level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality and the ability to communicate professionally with the public and internal team members
- Strong computer aptitude is necessary (experience in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred)
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Must possess high ethical standards and a strong sense of confidentiality
- Must exercise initiative and use sound judgment
- Flexible and adapts to various environments and situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.