JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Canton Charge (NBA G League affiliate owned and operated by the Cleveland Cavaliers) are looking for personable, energetic team members to join their Fan Engagement Team (The Cavalry) which is a part-time seasonal, co-ed interactive group that participate at all Canton Charge home games and events throughout the community including charity and promotional events. Cavalry members are responsible for facilitating in-game promotions, choosing contestants, pumping up the crowd, assisting the mascot and having high-energy every game. The ultimate goal of this position is to help create the most enthusiastic, energetic, and positive game environment in the NBA G League to gain fan interaction by keeping with optimum NBA standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet fans with a positive, welcoming attitude as they enter the arena and hand out promotional items and game day programs.
- Entertain fans in the stands during the games to provide an exciting and fun atmosphere to fans of all ages.
- Ensure all props are ready for in-game promotions prior to the game and contestants are ready prior to timeout.
- Work with ticket sales reps to coordinate pre, in, and post-game on-court Fan Experience Packages/Recognition's such as, but not limited to, national anthem, prime time performances, and halftime performances.
- Activate all promotions that are held during pregame, timeouts, halftime and post game, including overseeing all concourse and Fan Zone activities and interactive at Charge games.
- Act as an entertainment support system to encourage fan engagement and build Charge brand.
- Oversee Fan Zone to ensure a fun and safe environment.
- Interact and communicate with fans and staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Choose contestants for in game promotions.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be articulate, enthusiastic and have a professional appearance and attitude.
- Opportunity to participate in community events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge:
- Flexible schedule; must be willing to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Canton Memorial Civic Center
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service oriented skills.
- Must have a hands-on, positive energy, and a great outgoing attitude.
- Enjoys interaction with fans of all ages, must be at ease in front of a crowd.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to take direction well, follow instructions and make decisions on the spot.
- Must collaborate well in a team environment.
- Live entertainment background a plus (cheer, dance, theater, etc...)
- You must audition for this position! Auditions for the Cavalry will include group activities as well as an individual interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.