Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a “Care – Lead – Engage” (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
The Canton Charge (the NBA G League team owned and operated by the Cleveland Cavaliers) is seeking a Digital Content Seasonal Assistant. This 9-month seasonal position will produce content for website and social media platforms for the Charge Communication and Marketing department. The position will report to the Sr. Director, Communications and Manager, Marketing while working closely with the Cleveland Monsters Digital Specialist and all departments to create engaging and exciting content, uniquely showcasing the brand. This content will be developed and produced in a variety of mediums, including video, imagery and web, and be distributed throughout appropriate property channels.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with professional and collegiate basketball as well as Adobe Creative Suites and web platforms such as WordPress.
- Assist Charge digital department with content needs including: video, photo, animation, infographics and web content
- Creating and maintaining webpages
- Craft and post content for social accounts and CantonCharge.com as necessary
- Assist with all home Charge games, including regular and post-season, and may include road games remotely
- Work around the court on game days, capturing and creating content throughout the arena
- Coordinate gameday photography by creating shot lists to comply with each department’s needs and archive photos for each game
- Collaborate with other departments and team members to create content accomplishing organizational goals (sales, partnerships, marketing, etc.)
- Other special events & duties as assigned
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites, especially Photoshop and Premier. Animate, After Effects, and InDesign are a plus
- Comfortable building webpages through WordPress. Coding basics are a plus
- Creativity in the execution of campaign projects, especially marketing promotions and themed-content
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basketball and its players
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or another related field
- Desire and ability to think outside the box, striving to create engaging & high-quality content
- Photography experience a plus
- Digital/Social Media marketing experience preferred.
- This is a seasonal part-time position that will last the duration of the G-League season (approx. start of August – end of April).
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Available to cover all Charge games either at arena for home games or remotely for away games.
This position will primarily work in Canton between the Charge offices at the Civic Center and practice facility at Edgewood Community Center. Select time will also be spent in Cleveland at the Cavaliers’ home office and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.