Building Crew Member- Events
Cleveland Cavaliers Operating Company
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs various tasks to prepare Arena for events or work projects. Executes duties in support of facility and equipment operations and special projects as assigned. The general work shift is from 1 PM to 11 PM on event days but overtime may be required and hours may vary from the facility schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives a forklift or walkie rider lift truck to unload truck deliveries at the loading docks.
- Removes/installs hockey glass and team benches in the arena hockey configuration to prepare for basketball or hockey games.
- Removes portable seats in preparation of televised basketball games, hockey games or traveling entertainment events.
- Shovels snow around the perimeter of the Arena and related public areas.
- Sets up tables and chairs in the arena banquet rooms in preparation of meeting functions.
- Drives portable power scrubbing machine to clean concrete areas within the facility.
- Sets up chairs, portable staging and risers in preparation of concerts or other special events.
- Responds to event clean-up calls.
- Assists with basketball game set-up, including servicing goals and cleaning floor and bench areas.
- Assists Guest Services Team with event presentation work.
- Assist Housekeeping staff with wiping down chairs, trash removal, mopping and other daily duties on multiple show days or when needed.
- Assist at other facilities when necessary, including the CCC, Canton Civic Center, 250 Huron, Casino, Higbee Building, Edgewood Practice Facility, All Pro Athletic Complex and any other facilities under the family of companies.
- Set-up and take down of the Court Club trussing as well as tables and chairs in this area.
- Run errands outside of the building including pick-ups and/or drop-offs using company vehicles.
- Ensure all company vehicles are clean and gassed up on a weekly and/or daily basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by team leader.
Must meet company’s general requirements and, in addition, must:
- Have a valid, Ohio driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Be (or be willing to become) a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local B27.
- Be reliable, dependable and punctual.
- Be able to lift 80-120 pounds on a regular basis and be mechanically inclined.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to communicate, understand and follow verbal directions.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule and work extra hours as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?