JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Staffing Manager will lead the staffing office in managing all part time team member engagement. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruitment of qualified applicants while ensuring company compliance and hiring guidelines are followed; coordination of the on boarding process, background check completion, training compliance; development and analysis of staffing reports and requests; scheduling and coordinating availability and requests, managing leave of absences, handling union contract administration and preparing disciplinary documentation as needed. In addition, the Manager will assist with other HR projects and initiatives as needed and will work closely with HR team on communication and strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with team leaders, identifies personnel needs and develops internal and external recruitment strategies for recruitment of event/game day staff.
- Ensure timely and complete scheduling of all assignment team members for all arena events.
- Review and screen resumes and make recommendation for interviewing to hiring manager.
- Coordinate all components of recruiting process: interviewing candidates, managing the scheduling and logistics of hiring events; collect documentation for recommendations for hiring.
- Manages new hire orientation and on boarding sessions: provide consistent information across all teams, complete required paperwork with assistance from HR and other team leads, review company policies and expectations.
- Works with team leaders to identify and implement strategies to enhance team member engagement; assists with development of programs and policies that promote positive team culture.
- Track and monitor attendance and other disciplinary actions. Ensure paperwork is completed and counseling is delivered in a timely fashion to team members.
- Coordinate leave of absence requests; ensure completed paperwork and notification to team leaders.
- Has access to and is involved with confidential matters on regular basis.
- Assist with separation process; including paperwork, communication to team member, collection of company property, etc.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that is built around arena events, including nights and weekends.
- Assists with other HR projects/duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing or related discipline required, or equivalent experience. Two to four years' experience in a human resources position and event operations experience preferred.
o solid computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and HRIS software.
o working knowledge of human resource functions and regulatory requirements.
o excellent project management, with emphasis on thoroughness and accuracy.
o strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
o solid oral and written communication skills; communicates effectively to keep others informed.
o ability to work independently and exercise initiative and good judgment.
o ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks at a time.
o ability to adapt to frequent changes, while continuing to demonstrate great customer service and a positive attitude. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.