JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Manages the overall Concession Merchandise operation for all Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse games and events. This includes responsibility for planning, staffing, sales, operations, visuals, and overall fan experience. Creates and executes strategic training curriculum to support the on-going development of the Retail team. Acts as key Leadership support in the Team Shop and promotes connectivity and consistency across all Retail locations including mobile trailer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and manage staffing for all Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events including Retail Team Leads and Team Members.
- Assist and support Brand Manager with the execution of retail strategies involving Team development, Fan experience, sales, and operations.
- Develop and forecast sound operational and financial plans associated with managing retail merchandise strategies for concessions/events.
- Develop and execute sales, expense, and operational strategies at a detailed level and derived from the established corporate goals and budgets.
- Drive operational integrity within Retail department through execution and auditing of day to day operations and overall Operations initiatives.
- Utilize all technological resources and tools to assure best practices and time management. Strong excel and computer skills essential.
- Utilize and analyze reports and recaps to gain knowledge of trends to maximize opportunities.
Fan Experience/Team Member Development
- Ensure staff training is consistently focused on the delivery of an ELEVATED fan experience
- Manage the planning and execution of all event day functions to support flawless fan interaction, including staffing, visuals, and operational support.
- Ongoing recruiting efforts to maintain peak staffing levels.
- Effective Team Member Development
- Develop superior selling, service, merchandising, leadership and operational skills throughout Retail Team.
- Develop diversified internal and external bench-strength.
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource standard operating procedures.
- Hold staff accountable for results: productivity, sales, operations, service, visuals.
- Provide consistent staff feedback including recognition, coaching/counseling as needed.
- Communicate merchandising needs/opportunities to buying staff.
- Maximize efficiencies and accuracy pertaining to the movement of merchandise as it relates to receiving, distributions, across all locations.
- Oversee and execute markdown, promotions and liquidation strategies within areas of responsibility.
- Support all POS functions through expertise in this area.
Must have solid background creating and implementing training programs. Multi-unit management experience preferred. Must possess ability to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of the Team and react accordingly. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a fast pace environment and possess strong problem-solving skills. Required to work all Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse games and events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.