Youth Hoops Coach (Part-time) with Chicago Bulls in Chicago, IL
Chicago Bulls jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago, IL
Player Operations: Basketball Coach
The Chicago Bulls are seeking passionate and high energy basketball coaches to join our Youth Hoops team. We are in search of individuals who can inspire children to fall in love with the fun game of basketball and the Chicago Bulls, while growing their coaching experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact, connect, and provide a positive experience for children and families across the Chicagoland area. As a Youth Hoops Coach, you will be an on-court basketball instructor and brand ambassador for the Youth Hoops program.
- Lead, support, and execute year-round youth basketball programs
- Teach participants the essential fundamentals and principles of basketball (includes physical demonstrations)
- Bring upbeat energy and fun to each program and its participants
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with participants, families, and Bulls partners to help increase enrollment at locations and build the program
- Assist with load in, set up, and load out of program host sites
- Travel to different camp locations
- Effectively communicate basketball skills step by step to players of all ages and skill levels
- Plan and execute drills for all skills of basketball including but not limited to: ball handling, shooting, passing, defense, transition, game play and strategy, etc.
- Evaluate players skill level
- Communicate and work with camp lead and coaching staff
- Adhere to the Youth Hoops coaching manual and curriculum
- Honor obligations and work schedule that is assigned
- 18 years or older
- Passionate about teaching basketball
- Prior playing/coaching experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Reliable means of transportation and valid drivers license
- Ability to adapt and adjust to situations quickly
- Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of current basketball rules, drills, and competitions
- Ability to work nights/weekends/some holidays, and daytime hours during the summer months
- Experience coaching in camps, clinics, or teams is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience coaching youth basketball programs? If yes, please explain.
Do you have a reliable means of transportation?[Yes/No]
Are you comfortable traveling to, and working in various locations across the Chicagoland area? [Yes/No]
Do you have any experience with public speaking? If yes, please explain.
What is the highest level of playing and/or coaching experience you have?