The Account Executive’s main responsibility is to produce ticket revenue by developing and maintaining season and group ticket accounts. The AE will sell new season seat accounts through outside sales appointments with businesses, and over the phone sales to local residences. The AE will also sell new group accounts to decision makers within businesses and non-profit organizations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet all sales goals assigned.
- Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments.
- Master all sales presentations (taught in sales training), and deliver it in front of company decision-makers, tailoring packages according to each company's needs, and handling objections in an effort to bring in new season seat accounts.
- Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season-seat customers.
- Contact group leaders through the database and through new leads, particularly after a direct mail piece is released, to bring in new sales.
- Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals.
- Provide customer service to existing accounts by visiting with them during games, as well as provide amenities.
- Make phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact with ticket holders.
- Work with the Box Office to update certain sales reports.
- Complete any customer service an operational duties in season as assigned.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. contract fulfillment).
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- Bachelor degree required
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically
- Well organized and have strong time management skills along with customer service skills
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to multi-task and adapt to sudden changes in market
- Ability to attend all home games
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekend and holidays
- 1-2 years experience in sports team sales, general business sales, or sports management is preferred.
- Previous experience in face-to-face and telemarketing sales is ideal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.