Trainee - Security & Parking with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2019-2020 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Develop and execute a Red Team Assessment program for events taking place at State Farm Arena while evaluating our Guest Experience, Security and Emergency Procedures
- Create checklists pertaining to security and parking procedures and train front line staff how to execute checklists in an effort to streamline and enhance all security and parking operational procedures
- Maintain Security and Parking policies and procedures, while assisting with organizing and creating standard operating procedures in preparation for Safety Act Certification
- Perform administrative work and partner with security and parking management team during dark days and event days
- Organize and execute special events within the Security and Parking Department to include department trainings, reward and recognition events and assisting to launch an emergency responder’s night during an Atlanta Hawks game
- Assist in event operations for the BASE Command Center (BCC) during events
- Assist with employee, vendor and contractor badges while maintaining visual standards and consistency on badges and database
- Assist in implementing department projects and other duties as assigned
- Possesses excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to interpret and/or convey a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, reach with hands and arms, sit for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Position requires the ability to work in environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work nights, weekends and holidays?
How did you hear about this program?