Trainee, Event Strategy and Experience - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities.The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
A quick summary about the Event Strategy and Experience Trainee role:
The role will support a centralized event and experience function for current and prospective Corporate Partnerships and Membership clients through brainstorming, planning, and organizing processes as well as work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
What the Event Strategy and Experience Trainee will be responsible for:
- Assist in organizing and executing Sales events including Season Ticket Member and Corporate Partner functions, prospecting, and Premium Member events.
- Track sales and ROI
- Brainstorm on objectives, goals and opportunities related to Member and Partner Experience
- Maintain and update website/social media elements for Membership events.
- Contribute ideas and assist with the development of new Sales opportunities.
- Assist in management of select Corporate Partner, Suites and Membership events and programs.
- Maintain a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Research Season Ticket benefits and trends around the NBA and other professional sports leagues.
- Assist with coordinating event details such as RSVP/ check-in lists, décor, special guests and schedules.
- Coordinate engagement opportunities for State Farm Membership Center and analyze engagement results.
- Assist other departments with projects as required
What the Event Strategy and Experience Trainee needs to have:
- Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
- Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following Sports Management or Marketing, Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management, Event Management/Marketing, or Business Management/Administration.
- Previous event planning, logistics, and/or event management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in ideating on objectives, goals and opportunities related to Sales.
- Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- It would be nice to have knowledge of Keynote, Photoshop and/or Illustrator, and basic event planning software.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation and Benefits:
- $15.00/hour plus overtime
- Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
- 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
- Medical, dental and vision coverage option
- Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
- Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
- Reliable transportation is also needed
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.