Trainee - Event Strategy and Experience with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2019-2020 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Help organize and execute Sales events including Season Ticket Member and Corporate Partner functions, prospecting, and Premium Member events.
- Track sales and ROI.
- Maintain and update website/social media elements for Membership events.
- Contribute ideas and assist with the development of new Sales opportunities.
- Manage select Corporate Partner, Suites and Membership events and programs.
- Maintain a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Research Season Ticket benefits and trends around the NBA and other professional sports leagues.
- Assist with coordinating event details such as RSVP/ check-in lists, decor, special guests and schedules.
- Arrange engagement opportunities for State Farm Arena Arena Membership Center and analyze engagement results.
- Assist other departments with projects as they arise.
- Previous event planning, logistics, and/or event management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in strategizing objectives, goals and opportunities related to Sales.
- Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple jobs simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work uncommon hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Preferred – knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop and/or Illustrator, Microsoft Word/Excel, CRM, and basic event planning software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?