Trainee - Creative Services with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2019-2020 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Support the Hawks in-house Creative team on all creative needs, with a heavy focus on digital (web, social, billboards, etc.)
- Primary responsibility: Production Support - Reformatting approved key art, versioning multiple assets and quick content swaps
- Secondary responsibility: Creative Support - Clipping out players, pulling photos, photo tagging, design/vendor research, basic photo retouching and sourcing samples
- Additional duties: Client support - Quick turnarounds, reprints with slight tweaks, one-off projects and social content
- Areas of focus: Marketing, Fan Experience, Corporate Social Responsibility,
External Affairs, Human Resources
- Sample projects: Hawks single game promotion, summer camps, court dedications, Hawks events, select-a-seat, Hawks entertainment, HR speaker series, group sales experiences and State Farm Arena event marketing
- Required: Undergraduate Degree in Graphic Design or Advertising Design
- Required: Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CC
- Required: Portfolio
- Required: Available 40hrs/week with reliable transportation
- Preferred: Recommendation letters or previous experience
- Preferred: Advertising Minor, Illustration Minor or Motion Graphics Minor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have an undergraduate degree in either Graphic Design or Advertising Design?
Are you proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CC?
Do you have a portfolio of your previous design work?
Are you available to work onsite 40 hrs/week?
Do you have reliable transportation to downtown Atlanta?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?