Trainee - Corporate Social Responsibility & Inclusion with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2019-2020 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Assist with game-night responsibilities including on-court presentations, Magical Moments and meet and greets
- Conduct research on CSR, Inclusion and foundation best practices
- Assist with execution of CSR and Inclusion Programs such as Court Renovations and Courageous Conversations
- Assist with merchandise inventory ordering and tracking for Donations Program
- Handle booking of event space and photographer
- Responsible for booking Fan Experience elements including dancers, mascot and interactives
- Provide administrative support to the CSR and Inclusion team
- Other duties, as assigned
- Open to any qualified applicant who can meet the time commitment and has a recent college degree, Bachelors or Masters.
- The ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Trainees are responsible for travel and housing arrangements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Power Point) required
- Knowledge of Social Media (Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task required
- Experience planning and execution of events is preferred
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?