Technician, Event Support Conversion (Part Time) with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Responsible for all daytime building and event set ups as directed
- Setup items where needed which include: pipe and drape, stanchion, tables, tablecloths, chairs, bike rack, sign holders, easels, rails, steps, stage skirts, etc.
- Cover events in the arena and handle conversion-related requests (adding/removing chairs, tables, etc.)
- Assist with full arena conversions; setting/striking concert stages, basketball floors, retractable seating, courtside seating risers, etc.
- Lead small teams of workers to complete various tasks around facility
- Utilize work order tracking software to keep track of and report status of tasks; including pre-event scheduled tasks, and responding to event-related requests as they arise
- Break down all exterior equipment after events are over or as requested
- Communicate with leads and managers and clarify instructions if you have questions
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Must be able to work efficiently and problem-solve on the go; task prioritization is key
- Must be able to read maps
- Be able to take direction from manager or event managers
- Must be able to work a non-standard schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a positive attitude and be motivated to work
- Must work well with others, including other departments
- Be able to lift, push, and pull heavy equipment (up to 100 lbs)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)
Have you worked in an NBA arena before? (Y/N)
Are you willing to work long hours on occasion? (Y/N)