Technician, Conversion with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Responsible for all daytime building and event setups
- Supervise and assist with all setups based on event outlines and discussions with event managers
- Walk building daily and break down previous set ups based on building needs and returning items to their proper locations
- Set up press conferences, meeting spaces, concourses, and entrances as directed
- During concerts and special events, efficiently and quickly set furniture in dressing rooms, set up meet-and-greet locations, and build FOH mix positions
- Maintain inventory of multiple items including, but not limited to: pipe and drape, stanchion, tables, tablecloths, chairs, bike rack, sign holders, easels, rails, steps, stage skirts, etc.
- Ensure departmental items are in excellent condition and maintain a preventative maintenance program
- Place orders and maintain inventory in accordance with needs of department; maintain items in specifically assigned spaces
- Utilize work order tracking software to keep track of and report status of tasks; including pre-event scheduled tasks
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe workspace
- Assigns duties to part-time employees as needed; follow up to ensure completion of tasks
- Coordinate repairs and provide status of all assigned items
- Communicate and follow up with event managers to ensure setups are complete for scheduled events
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Must be a self starter and able to work independently or with a team
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to react quickly to change and solve/prioritize problems as they arise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and maintain high standards
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Ability to work a non-standard schedule; including early mornings, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)