Social Media Director - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Marketing: Social Media
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
Job Summary: As Social Media Director, you will direct the heartbeat of our brand. You, a witty-minded social leader with a passion for basketball, business, and pop culture, will drive the strategy of our social platforms and fan conversations while pushing our core business of Corporate Partnerships and Ticket Sales. You will be primarily responsible for managing the team responsible for ideating, planning, executing, and reporting of various social strategies & campaigns. You have an affinity for witty writing, a passion for basketball, an eye for engaging photos & video, a pulse on the world of pop-culture, and an innate drive to consistently create, innovate, and utilize new tools to mix it all up.
- Direct the ideation, strategizing, planning, execution, and reporting for all social platforms owned by the organization.
- Ensure all account owners have a properly-managed content calendar.
- Work cross-department to ensure full alignment and amplification.
- Builds content strategy with department, Hawks Studios and Corporate Partnerships that drive fan impressions and engagement as well as partner activation.
- Build sales strategy with Sales, Analytics and Marketing that drives single-game, groups, and Season Ticket Memberships.
- Develops our channel-specific strategies to ensure our current accounts are building to best in breed.
- Considers all new platforms and develops launch strategy when appropriate.
- Manage Social Strategy Manager, Sr. Coordinator of Digital Content, and Social Media Coordinator.
- Ensure we are exceeding the quantified goals set.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest best practices and technologies.
- Able to give constructive feedback and hold others accountable regardless of reporting structure.
- Serve as part of Social Distribution team.
- Serve as back-up to travel for road games and related trips when needed.
- Attend games and events at State Farm Arena.
- Time management expert
- Team player
- Great interpersonal skills
- Leads by example
- Comfortable using Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphic design software
- Comfortable using or learning video editing software
- Loves entertainment
- Knows NBA and game of basketball
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in journalism, marketing, PR, communications or related field
- Experience creating and understanding analytical reports of key social metrics
- Experience directly managing others preferred
- Experience managing social platforms, calendars, and interdepartmental relationships for daily digital media publishing
- Experience working for a pro sports team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)