Social Media Assistant (Part Time) with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Marketing: Social Media
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Coordinate & execute posting (with direction from Digital Content Manager) for all Hawks and State Farm Arena social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Reddit, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, Weibo, whatever the next big thing the kids will be into by the time this position is filled)
- Assist Social Media Manager and Senior Coordinator with Hawks.com and StateFarmArena.com duties as necessary
- Work with various departments to support organizational campaigns on social media
- Ideate and create content both in-game and for Corporate Partners that fits our brand’s voice.
- Respond to fans in a timely manner when appropriate (answer questions, engage/create two-way conversation, etc.)
- Forward social complaints, questions and leads to the appropriate team member in a timely manner
- Work with Corporate Partnership team to incorporate necessary partnerships into social posting schedule
- Attend Hawks Community Events to gather content as needed
- Attend State Farm Arena events (games, concerts, shows) and assist with live coverage for social platforms
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, industry standards and regulations related to social media
- Stay current with social media trends and topics (what’s “lit” today?)
- Adhere to all internal social media guidelines
- Maintain and update our social media tagging system and taxonomy before, during and after games/day to day activities
- Real-time distribution of content, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field
- Strong writing, grammar and communication skills (i.e. not how most of your friends talk on social media) with good attention to details
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects (and no, we’re not just talking about tweeting while watching The Bachelor)
- Innovative and creative thinker who can come at problems from many different angles.
- Problem solver who can think quickly on their feet and deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience coordinating and posting to social media on behalf of a brand is preferred
- Experience with consumer reaction, response and engagement on social platforms preferred
- Experience using Adobe CS (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects, Illustrator) preferred but not required.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and video preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of basketball and pop culture preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Adobe CC products preferred
- Experience with content management systems a plus.
- Previous work in the Sports & Entertainment, Hospitality, or related industry preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)