Senior Accountant with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have a true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team.
The Company is looking for a detail-driven individual to join its team as a Senior Accountant. The position holds responsibility for accounting and administrative duties related to revenue recognition, leasing accounting, league revenues/expenses, and financing reporting assistance. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling general ledger activity with sub-ledger, and budgeting information. This position works directly with all departments and is a key contributor in keeping financial processes running smoothly.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close activities that include (but is not limited to) analysis and reporting, complex journal entries and account reconciliations related to sponsorship and league revenues, as well as player related and team expenses.
- Process Accounts Payable (low volume)
- Assistant with the transition to ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Work in partnership with sales colleagues to identify accounting considerations within complex multiple-element contracts
- Revenue and balance sheet analytics to ensure accuracy of results while working closely with internal teams to validate and investigate issues.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Assist with the preparation of monthly internal and external reporting packages
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Assist in preparing for annual and league audits, including the resolution of audit issues and providing information, as necessary
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP and internal control policies and procedures; recommend updates as appropriate.
- Helps drive, create, and implement new processes and strives to identify and implement accounting process improvements.
- Carry out special projects and ad-hoc requests, as required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and Revenue Recognition criteria
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- 4 + years of relevant accounting experience in a professional work environment, preferably including revenue recognition and full charge general ledger experience
- Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast-paced environment
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, plus drive and willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains, a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?