Plumber with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Plumbing
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required by the Lead to ensure proper and timely P.M. or repair of components, systems and structures
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead
- Must be available to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Troubleshoot and repair pipe and pipeline systems
- Review blueprints and building codes to determine optimal work procedures
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type of size of pipe required
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls
- Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet code requirements
- Works in conjunction with the Lead to help plan and implement an effective P.M. program for all Plumbing components, systems and structures
- Conduct safety audits to identify deficiencies and unsafe practices, which need immediate correction insuring a safe working environment
- Maintain records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance or repair of components, systems and structures
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms to include all formal work order documentation
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed and aids when necessary
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation
- Helps develop techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions, reducing costs, and staying informed on matters which improve results
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the HVAC Lead.
- Must be willing to cross train.
- May be called out at odd hours or have to work long hours in case of emergency.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive.
- Mentors fellow employees to enhance their skill sets.
- Complete work orders and Preventative Maintenance work orders in a timely manner
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 3 years experience preferred but not required. Kitchen equipment experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient knowledge in water distribution and wastewater disposal in residential,
- commercial and industrial buildings and building codes.
- Good communication and reasoning skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good hoisting and rigging skills
- Must be a self-starter and motivated.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, are imperative.
Must have working knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA Guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and safe environment to the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
How many years of Plumbing Experience do you have?
Have you ever worked in a commercial application?
Do you have any formal training?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)