Overnight Security Supervisor - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Assign, direct and train staff regarding their assignments while monitoring and evaluating work performance; rewarding and disciplining team members by initiating positive feedback or taking corrective actions and/or disciplinary procedures if necessary
- Conduct daily shift briefings to ensure that assigned officers are prepared for their shift and receive all necessary training and information
- Set the example of proficiency and outstanding behavior for all officers on your shift
- Supervise assigned officers and other staff in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures while addressing complaints and resolving any issues that arise
- Participate in team member selection, hiring and onboarding process
- Supervise and approve direct reports’ time records, approve and processes time off requests and ensure adequate coverage/replacements for events
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of CCTV systems, fire & security systems, DSX Access Control system, Emergency Evacuation Plans and all other Department reports as required
- Ensure department logs, reports, equipment inventory, preventative maintenance and shift pass on reports are accurately maintained
- Assist in the management of the building and physical security officers by maintaining knowledge of the Security Policies and Procedures Manual and Company policies and procedures
- Assists in the development of Security policies and procedures and training programs
- Establish, cultivate and maintain effective relationships with management, peers, outside agencies and subordinates
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Able to clear a background check
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at time management
- Effective and efficient leadership skills requiring tact, diplomacy and good judgment
- Experience in personnel management and customer service
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays; as well as extended hours
- Must be physically able to demonstrate proficiency with all computer systems and security equipment
- Obtain and/or maintain First Aid Certification and pass written tests related to security policies and procedures on an annual basis
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Five (5) years of Security Supervisory experience in Security/Law Enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)
Do you have a valid Driver's License? (Y/N)
Have you ever worked in a related position at an event venue? (Y/N)
What is your annual salary requirement?