Manager, Public and Community Relations with G-League Skyhawks in College Park, GA
G-League Skyhawks jobs
Sports Jobs in College Park, GA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The College Park Skyhawks, NBA G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks, are seeking a motivated, creative, high-energy individual to become a part of the Hawks family for our inaugural season. This position is responsible creating, directing, and executing public relations, brand, and community engagement initiatives within the College Park and south Atlanta communities. This position will focus on building bridges through basketball in our community while rapidly advancing the awareness of the Skyhawks presence in south Atlanta. Additional responsibilities will include liaising with media, team, and league personnel on public relations, overseeing public relations staff and part-time game day staff responsible for game statistics, execution of game day events, and player engagement initiatives.
The ideal candidate has experience in public relations, brand, and community engagement with a background in the sports industry being an advantage. The Skyhawks are also searching for candidates who have prior relationships in and a strong knowledge of the south Atlanta community. They will be a self-starter who understands the importance of high character and a strong work ethic. Our efforts in building a new franchise will focus on engaging our community in a positive and productive manner, and as such the candidate will have a natural passion and ability to connect with members of the public. Another key to the role will be energetic and focused effort and a successful candidate will have strong references that can attest to their personality being a major asset in your overall skill set.
The team will play home games at The Gateway Center @ Georgia International Convention Center, which is currently scheduled for completion in fall of 2019. This position will report directly to the Team President and will have consistent communication with the Hawks PR and CSR departments. The Skyhawks offices are located in downtown Atlanta within the Hawks primary offices.
- Create and direct brand awareness initiatives that introduce the College Park Skyhawks to the south Atlanta community
- Engrain yourself in the College Park and surrounding communities and engage key stakeholders within government and civic organizations
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to further the Skyhawks brand engagement with residents of the College Park and surrounding communities
- Provide support to the corporate and ticket sales staff on identifying community events in which we can engage and educate fans about our product
- Work closely with the Hawks PR and CSR teams, as well as marketing and creative departments to create synergistic messaging between the organizations
- Build and maintain relationships with media members to drive brand messaging and identify media exposure opportunities
- Research and prospect for unique partnership opportunities to cross-promote our brand in the College Park and surrounding communities
- Design and bring creative branding ideas and content to leadership for consideration
- Research and identify opportunities to partner with non-profit organizations to advance the charitable efforts of the organization in our community
- Serve as the main liaison between the Skyhawks and the G League office on basketball operations communication
- Oversee the training and scheduling of part-time staff responsible for in-game stat keeping and media relations
- Communicate with Skyhawks General Manager and Manager of Basketball Operations on a regular basis to gather pertinent information for distribution to the public (roster transactions, player interest stories, game notes, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in the professional or collegiate sports industry is preferred
- Experience creating and directing brand engagement initiatives
- Experience overseeing in-game scorers table operations and media relations
- Proven background of successful brand engagement campaigns
- Knowledge of the Atlanta market is preferred, with an emphasis on the south Atlanta market being ideal
- Prior experience with community involvement projects and campaigns
- Self-motivated with high character and strong work ethic
- Highly motivated with a passion for community interaction, event planning, and fan engagement
- Knowledge of Adobe creative programs and experience designing content is a major plus
- Be able to provide examples of previous work in the field of public relations
- Occasional travel to G League games and events in other markets is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What makes you want to be part of an expansion G League franchise?
How extensive is your background in, and knowledge of, College Park and the surrounding communities?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?