HVAC I (Full-Time) with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
State Farm Arena has an immediate HVAC I opening in the Building Operations department. State Farm Arena is the home of the Atlanta Hawks (NBA), and other world-class entertainment.
- Safely and efficiently assisting in the testing of new and existing equipment/systems.
- Participate in the maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems and contribute to proactive efforts ensuring proper operation, performance and reliability
- With minimum assistance, determines reasons for component, systems or structure malfunctions through troubleshooting and determines corrective actions to ensure proper and timely repairs
- Conduct safety audits to identify deficiencies and unsafe practices, which need immediate correction insuring a safe working environment.
- Maintain records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance or repair of components, systems and structures. Submit ideas and suggestions to Management to help plan work schedules and assignments in accordance with O&M repair requirements.
- Works in conjunction with the HVAC Lead to help plan and implement an effective P.M. program for all HVAC components, systems and structures.
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms to include all formal work order documentation.
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Monitors O&M work to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed and provides assistance when necessary.
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Helps develop techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions, reducing costs, and staying informed on matters which improve results.
- Maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required by the HVAC Lead to ensure proper and timely P.M. or repair of components, systems and structures.
- Assist management with conducting safety audits and training, planning safety improvements, record keeping, and enforcement of OSHA guidelines
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the HVAC Lead.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 2 years’ experience preferred but not required. Kitchen equipment experience preferred but not required.
- Third Class Engineer Certificate under the National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers (NIULPE) preferred but not required.
- Must possess a detailed working knowledge of mechanical and electrical components, systems and structures to include tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation and repair of equipment associated with buildings requiring steam, hot water, chilled water, air conditioning, and general facilities care.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, are imperative.
- Knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA Guidelines required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
How many years of HVAC experience do you have?
Have you ever worked in a commercial application? Please list
Do you have any formal training? If so, how many years?
Do you have your HVAC Universal card?