Engineer Technician (Plumbing) - Part Time with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Plumbing
Who are we:
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
Who are you:
You have a passion for people and ensuring they have a world-class employee experience is your mission. You display good common sense, judgment – knowing when issues need to be raised. You effectively prioritize and thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness. You are highly organized, have an exceptional attention to detail, and enjoy being customer focused, this is the opportunity for you.
- Maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required by the Lead to ensure proper and timely P.M. or repair of components, systems and structures
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead
- Must be available to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Troubleshoot and repair pipe and pipeline systems
- Review blueprints and building codes to determine optimal work procedures
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type of size of pipe required
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls
- Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet code requirements
- Works in conjunction with the Lead to help plan and implement an effective P.M. program for all Plumbing components, systems and structures
- Conduct safety audits to identify deficiencies and unsafe practices, which need immediate correction insuring a safe working environment
- Maintain records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance or repair of components, systems and structures
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms to include all formal work order documentation
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed and aids when necessary
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation
- Helps develop techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions, reducing costs, and staying informed on matters which improve results
- Proficient knowledge in water distribution and wastewater disposal in commercial and industrial buildings and building codes
- Good communication and reasoning skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal, presentation and listening skills
- Good time management skills
- Good hoisting and rigging skills
Must have working knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA Guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and safe environment to the public.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. 2 years’ experience preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)