Engineer Technician (General Maintenance) - Part Time with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
Who are we:
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
Who are you:
You have a passion for people and ensure they have a world-class experience. You display good common sense, judgment – knowing when issues need to be raised. You effectively prioritize and thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness. You are highly organized, have an exceptional attention to detail, and enjoy being customer focused, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Inspect premium areas, public spaces, concourses, and back of the house for areas to repair, touch up with paint, or replace a variety of components
- Repair or replace items such as light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, air conditioners, TVs, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall coverings, caulking, grouting, or other miscellaneous items
- Assist other department team members in the systematic application of the preventative maintenance program
- Make record of repairs made, or areas needing further attention using work order system
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform job function
- Report major repairs and items that cannot be repaired to the Lead(s), Maintenance Manager, Chief Engineer and/or Director for further action
- Due to the nature of the business, the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the Maintenance Manager, Chief Engineer, and/or Director such as water proofing, shop clean up and labeling of hazardous materials, etc.
- Spot checking of guest and public areas to ensure standards are maintained
- Ensure proper supply levels are maintained and ordered in a timely manner
- Ensure strong communications between all departments
- Conduct periodic interior and exterior property walks to ensure the cleanliness of the Arena and Dock areas
- Know local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to State Farm Arena and Atlanta Hawks
- Recognize and correct potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
- Recognize and correct potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures for the Arena and Hawks key control system and ensures others are trained in same
- Use and implement ongoing safety training
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of industrial and arena facilities.
- Able to operate with and on scissor, boom lifts and fork lifts systems up to and including 100+ feet.
- Can complete tasks within the “cat walk” of the facility.
- Professional, polished appearance at all times
- Ability to work in an environment that requires multi-tasking and variable schedule changes
- Must be available to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. 2 years’ experience preferred but not required.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
- Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Proficient knowledge in water distribution and wastewater disposal in commercial and industrial buildings and building codes.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; friendly manner and positive attitude
- Good time management skills.
Must have working knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA Guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and safe environment to the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)