We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – host and entertain fans during a basketball game or special event. We’ve been closely monitoring the impact of the pandemic on our communities and team members. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are implementing a mandatory vaccine requirement for current full-time and part-time team members, as well as all newly hired employees. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena is able to reasonably accommodate. Learn more here about our COVID 19 health and safety protocols.
Learn more here.
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures
- Patrol interior/exterior and check for irregularities
- Monitor and operate CCTV cameras as well as other security and fire systems
- Lock/unlock areas as requested
- Respond to incidents and complete reports as necessary
- Control shipping and receiving of packages
- Create a safe and comfortable working environment for team members and visitors
- Conduct searches of personnel, bags, and packages
- Monitor and control team member and visitor access into the building
- Attend Department in-service training as needed
- Maintain all security equipment through proper upkeep and maintenance
- Other duties that may be assigned
- High school diploma/GED
- Two years of security experience
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time of 4+ hours
- Efficient with computers
- Valid GA Driver’s License
- Must be able to work any shift including nights, weekends, and holidays; and/or extended hours
- Must be physically able to demonstrate proficiency with all security equipment, as well as obtain and keep current First Aid Certification and pass written tests related to security policies and procedures on an annual basis
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.