AR/AP Accounting Coordinator with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
This position is responsible for assisting in collecting, recording and disseminating information, related to accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepare and review daily AP batches, download files from online system
- Key manual payment requests into AP subledger and prepare check runs for mailing
- Record petty cash transactions and wires sent in the AP subledger
- Assist with the maintenance of Certify (online expense reporting) and API (online Accounts Payable) systems, including but not limited to responding to user questions and issues timely as well as training new users
- Review API resolution queues daily, resolve issues or route documents
- Identifies and investigates any issues with provider bills and obtains mutual resolution of discrepancies.
- Reports any unresolved disputes with vendors to management for resolution.
- Maintains accurate record of all W-9 information and ensures all W-9 information is in place prior to issuing payment.
- Assist with the preparation of annual 1099 forms.
- Assist with the Maintenance of customer and vendor files
- Process and post daily cash receipts to general ledger
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Resolve collections issues, prepare and send past due notices and statements
- Assist with audit requests
- Assists with gathering payroll documentation for employee deductions, per diem, relocation and fringe benefits
- Prepares manual check, wire, and ACH coding forms
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience, including responsibilities encompassing accounts payable and receivable
- Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills, plus demonstrate drive and a willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?