In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Confer with Conversion Managers to review conversion tasks and schedules for upcoming events and projects.
- Hands-on supervision of all contract labor conversion staff.
- Inspect conversion-related equipment and tools for damage or deficiencies and make appropriate reports and repairs.
- Assist in the direction and monitoring of conversion standards to ensure a positive and professional image is maintained for the Arena.
- Assist the maintenance/environmental teams when necessary to complete tasks and/or repairs.
- Perform set-up tasks that include but are not limited to: Basketball Floors, tables, chairs, stages and related equipment, retractable bleachers, furniture, locker rooms, entry doors set-up, and meeting-room setups
- Knowledge of safety equipment, standards, systems, and OSHA guidelines.
- Other duties as directed by the Conversion Managers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a multipurpose Arena preferred.
- Experience with venue set-ups, material handling equipment, basic computer skills, and supervisory experience is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational, abilities, and team-building skills are essential. Able to interpret and read AutoCAD drawings along with event outlines.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods; must be able to lift and carry heavy, awkward objects up to 75 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate tools and equipment; body mobility to climb, crawl, walk and kneel. Forklift experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide positive/consistent leadership that will motivate the Arena conversion staff.
- Able to work irregular hours including overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays. May be subject to 24 hour per day and 7 days per week call.
- Must be an effective team player and keep in mind the immediate and long-term goals of the department. Must understand and be able to prioritize tasks, adapt to changes quickly, and work in a multi-client environment. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and be able to meet definitive timeline goals. Must be able to work independently at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!