In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Works in conjunction with the Building Operations Manager to help plan and implement an effective preventive maintenance program
- Conducts safety audits to identify deficiencies and unsafe practices, which need immediate correction insuring a safe working environment
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms
- Maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance or repair of components, systems, and structures
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed
- Monitors O&M work to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provides assistance when necessary
- Completes time sheets to ensure correct information is recorded
- Regularly inspects and maintains assigned equipment to ensure proper operation
- Assists in preparing purchase orders for materials, tools, equipment, spare parts, and supplies
- Helps the General Maintenance Manager and Building Operations Manager determine work difficulty
- As directed by the General Maintenance lead and Building Operations Manager, seeks and exchanges information regarding the operation, maintenance, and repair of existing or new components, systems, and structures with manufacturing representatives
- Must be aware of personnel requirements for the maintenance department
- Reads and interprets operational manuals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Work at heights up to 125’
- Metal stud framing
- Welding knowledge, GMAW/MIG, GTAW/TIG, Plasma cutting, acetylene torch cutting
- Installing drop ceiling grids/ ceiling tiles
- Hanging drywall/ finishing
- Replace broken floor/wall tile
- Have knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Have basic computer skills
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent to 2 years of trade school or apprenticeship program
- Must demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to the maintenance, and repair of commercial building equipment and systems.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Must have excellent communication and expression skills
- Must be able to accurately and neatly complete all necessary forms and paperwork i.e. work orders and time sheets
- Must be an effective team player
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds
- Must be able to be on-call at times when not scheduled to be at the facility
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess working knowledge of safety equipment, systems, and OSHA Guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and a safe environment for the public
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!