Sr. Manager, Ticket Sales - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Retention/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Sr. Manager, Ticket Sales is responsible for the selling, planning and organizing of NATS PLUS Membership sales, Premium Plan sales and Group Ticket sales for the Nationals to achieve optimum sales volume and to ensure the desired sales results while performing the following duties. In addition, the Sr. Manager, Ticket Sales is responsible for management, sales strategies, and departmental activity metrics of sales members while maintaining close working relationships with the Director, Ticket Sales and Vice President, Ticket Sales, Service & Operations, in order to ensure maximization of ticket sales and group sales revenue. This position will report to the Director, Ticket Sales as a strategic partner with the Vice President, Ticket Sales & Membership Services to effectively position and promote the Nationals in the marketplace.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute sales calls on any and all potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers
- Attain individual and department sales goals as set by the Director, Ticket Sales and Vice President, Ticket Sales, Service & Operations
- Lead and develop sales staff through: hiring, training, supervising and managing
- Support sales staff on calls, appointments and ballpark tours, as needed
- Promote a culture of innovation, where new programs and offerings are created, existing programs are enhanced and new ideas are constantly explored
- Maintain computerized records of all season ticket, premium seating and group clients and prospects in company database (Microsoft CRM)
- Submit prompt accurate reports and maintaining up-to-date, accurate account records
- Generate new/increased sales revenue opportunities through: daily leadership, implementation of best sales practices, development of sales strategies, increased sales training, inventory maximization and results tracking
- Maintain a focus on outbound sales/marketing efforts, including e-marketing campaigns, prospect and lead generation, data capture and database management
- Develop strategies, procedures, and goals to increase organizational sales results
- Maintain well-organized inventories of sales tools, game day assets/Fan Experience Packages and hospitality areas, to ensure optimal sell-thru rate and maximize revenues
- Deliver prompt and accurate reports to the Director, Ticket Sales (campaign long, monthly, weekly, daily)
- Sales projections
- Pacing toward goal
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- Minimum of five (5) years industry related experience
- Minimum of four (4) years sports sales experience
- Experience in sales and sales management training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and quotas.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Microsoft CRM.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to build and maintain strong intra-departmental working relationships.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to take initiative, be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- The ability to work independently and to manage priorities is also a must.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.