SENIOR DIRECTOR, EVENT SALES with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
The Senior Director of Event Sales is responsible for the success of the Ballpark Enterprises department. This includes developing new ventures to utilize Nationals Park as a destination for non-baseball special events in Washington, DC.
The Senior Director will identify and negotiate deals with promoters of large-scale events, market and sell corporate events to be held at the ballpark, develop and market Nationals-branded events, and identify and develop new revenue streams for the organization. This position will own the bottom-line P&L for the non-game events business and be held accountable for the growth and profitability of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a sales team of 2-3 people that markets and sells 100 - 200 non-game day events that utilize the ballpark for meetings, receptions, and other functions;
- Implement a marketing and sales strategy to attract events and other revenue generating activities to the ballpark;
- Identify and develop new, non-traditional, and large-scale opportunities for use of space at Nationals Park;
- Market Nationals Park to corporate Washington, DC and convention event planners which includes: marketing and advertising plan development, research, developing marketing content and presentations, and relationship creation and maintenance;
- Develop proposals to win business for Nationals Park and manage start to finish negotiation of non-game day event contracts to maximize revenues;
- Act as the primary point of contact for house accounts, maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure the events are successful, return on an annual basis, and increase in profitability;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the local events industry, including convention and visitors’ bureau, destination management companies, other venues, and vendors;
- Work with appropriate departments to manage the on-sales, marketing, communications, and contract administration for concerts, other large-scale events, and select corporate partnership events;
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships and Suites teams to identify cross-selling opportunities;
- Establish competitive rates and pricing packages for space and services provided at Nationals Park and ensure event P&L statements are maintained accurately;
- Develop and manage the department’s annual expense budget, contribute to the development of capital expenditure proposals;
- Assign leads and track sales opportunities in CRM and sales pipeline in Ungerboeck, establish and track key metrics, forecast annual department performance;
- Network and attend industry events and conferences to source business;
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent military experience) in Business, Marketing, or Hospitality a plus. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ of related business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years sales management experience.
- Hospitality sales background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Creative mindset with an ability to identify ways to leverage existing assets for new business
- A proven track record of successful performance in meeting targets and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market research, prepare financial projections, and start to finish negotiation of revenue driving opportunities
- Experience in developing P&L and pro-forma projections for complex business relationships
- Strong skills in Excel and other database programs
- Must possess a strong marketing and customer service understanding and orientation
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills with the ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving and exceeding business goals
- The ability to take initiative and manage multiple complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Excellent project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail within the context of the larger strategic goals
- Excellent communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Experience in developing presentations and presenting
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position will require weekend and/or evening work.
How did you hear about this job?