Premium Sales Executive - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Reporting to the Director of Ticket Sales, the Premium Sales Executive is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the execution of premium sales programs through assigned duties to achieve optimum sales volume and ensure the desired sales results while performing the following duties. The primary focus of this position is to sell premium seating in a new business, season ticket capacity.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell suites, premium seats, (season, and group tickets).
- Coordinate and execute sales calls on any and all potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers.
- Attain individual and department sales goals as set by the Director of Ticket Sales and Vice President of Ticket Sales & Membership Services.
- Conduct sales related activities in the field through offsite appointments, as well as networking and social events
- Help leadership team to plan and execute offsite prospecting events to drive new premium revenue
- Maintain computerized records of all suite, premium seating, season ticket and group clients and prospects in company database (Microsoft CRM).
- Visit and hosts prospects and customers during home games.
- Submit planned activities on a weekly basis prior to beginning sales day or leaving the office for outside sales calls.
- Achieve a weekly target touchpoint goal through outbound calls, out of office appointments, networking events and targeted emails
- Identify opportunities to up-sell current clients.
- Attend out of office networking events as necessary for prospecting and retention of accounts.
- Develop positive customer relations calling on all assigned accounts on a scheduled basis.
- Submit prompt accurate reports and maintaining up-to-date, accurate account records.
- Maintain adequate, well-organized inventories of sales tools.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in sports premium seat/suites sales or professional selling environment
- Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Tickets.com Pro Venue
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Excellent customer service problem solving skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Microsoft CRM.
- Ability to network with the region’s top decision makers.
- Ability to speak clearly and present sales materials in front of top executives, clients and large groups.
- Able to travel around the ballpark visiting clients during home games, as well as showcase various seating options around the ballpark to potential premium prospects.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to interact well with clients, co-workers/supervisors in a team environment setting.
- Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate information upward.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- Must be able to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.