Plumber - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Plumber will be called upon to perform preventative and corrective maintenance of ballpark infrastructure.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform or supervise the performance of routine preventive and corrective maintenance of all plumbing systems
- Accurately maintain records of labor time, parts used, and work accomplished
- Assist in maintenance and repair of facility systems and equipment including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, chillers, refrigeration, boilers and associated equipment as well as general maintenance and upkeep activities
- Install or supervisor the installation of all temporary water and drain hookups in support of users of the facility
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Perform duties and responsible with view toward Department goals and resource conservation
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, schematic manufacturer’s specifications and other reference materials to determine appropriate job requirements and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsible as required in team-oriented, can-do environment
- Operate equipment used in the maintenance of convention and arena facilities such as forklifts, high lifts, scissor lifts, and other maintenance equipment
- Establish and maintain cooperative- working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent GED, or equivalent military experience.
- Experienced in the repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended workdays and extended number of consecutive days
- Ability and eagerness to work in a team-oriented maintenance department where daily work activities will include tasks both within and outside of specific trade disciplines
- Evening and weekend work will be required.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation).
- Job at times may require employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights.
- Requires an employee to perform strenuous tasks requiring strength, coordination, and balance
- Requires an employee to lift and move heavy objects that weigh up to 50lbs (80% of lifting is between 10-25lbs)
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment
- Requires an employee to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb (ladders, stairs scaffolding, ramps, etc.), reach, walk, or stand for extended periods
- 25% of job is lifting, 40% of job requires standing, 35% of job requires sitting
- Requires excess walking of up to 3 hours per day
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
EducationRequired High School or better Technical/other training or better