MANAGER, SPONSORSHIP ACTIVATION with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Reporting to the Senior Director of Sponsorship Activation, the Manager of Sponsorship Activation will serve as the primary point of contact for assigned partners and is responsible for all partnership account activation. The role must ensure that all contractual elements of assigned accounts are fulfilled using the highest level of customer service. This person will service and interact with senior level clients and visitors as well as with internal contacts from all other departments to ensure successful delivery of sponsorship assets. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and complete a diverse workload.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand sponsor objectives and goals to develop measureable, integrated activation strategies that drive business and ROI
- Serve as the primary liaison between sponsorship partners and all internal departments to deliver sponsorship assets
- Research, develop, execute and evaluate promotions for our partners
- Forecast, prepare and track all partner activation budgets
- Host, support and serve current clients at games, as needed
- Conduct activation and planning meetings with clients
- Conduct mid-season and post-season summary reports
- Assist with department events: Sponsor Summit, Prospect Suite Nights, Softball Game, etc.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with all sponsors and their guests
- Provide exceptional customer service
Renewals and Sales Support
- Lead renewal discussions and negotiations on assigned accounts
- Collaborate with the Corporate Sponsorship Sales Team to set strategies for potential new and renewing sponsors
- Develop new activation programs that the Sales Team can sell to existing partners
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Sales from a 4-year accredited university. Or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of sponsorship activation experience (sports team, league, brand or agency).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Demonstrated knowledge of promotional concepts and strategic activation.
- Demonstrated customer service and client management.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and project management skills.
- Engaging personality with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively – Team Player
- Must have superb attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Sponsorship and/or marketing agency experience
- Knowledge of sports industry and partnership and service offerings
- PowerPoint proficiency
- Photo Shop proficiency
- Experience interpreting Nielsen data
Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Bachelors or better in SPORTS MANAGEMENT
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
How did you hear about this job?