MANAGER, INSIDE SERVICE - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Retention/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Vice President, Ticket Sales & Membership Services, the Manager, Inside Service is directly responsible for the successful service, renewal and retention of all Partial Season Plan Holders, 10 Game Plans, and Flexible Plans, in conjunction with assisting with the service and retention for all Full & Half Season Plan Holders. In addition, the Manager, Inside Service is responsible for the recruiting, hiring, training, and development of the Inside Service team and contributing to a best in class service culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a staff of Inside Service Representatives to provide superior customer service and the eventual renewal and retention for all Washington Nationals Partial Season Plan Holders, 10 Game Plans, and Flexible Plans. Additionally this position will work to surpass all assigned team revenue goals
- Develop a team of future Service leaders with a strong focus on staff training and development
- Lead weekly training and development sessions and conduct regular one on one meetings with staff
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, in addition to addressing and resolving issues with accounts
- Execute supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, as well as applicable laws
Service & Retention Strategy
- Work collaboratively with the VP, Ticket Sales & Services to establish and execute service and renewal strategy for all Season Plan Holders
- Work with VP, Ticket Sales & Services to establish and execute new business, upgrade, group and suite sales business plans
- Work collaboratively with Manager, Client Retention and Manager, VIP Services to successfully deliver benefits to all Season Plan Holders
- Work collaboratively with Manager, Inside Sales to design a best in class recruiting schedule and program
- Assist with the planning and execution of Season Plan Holder events, benefits, information sessions, renewal campaign, and call campaigns
- Assist in managing the Red Carpet Rewards Loyalty Program
- Assist in overseeing game day events and assist the Service team in the Season Plan Holder Lounge, Red Carpet Rewards, and/or client visits to ensure superior service and revenue maximization.
- Manage budget related projects pertaining to entire Ticket Services as assigned by VP, Ticket Sales & Services
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by VP, Ticket Sales & Services
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- Minimum of 1 years supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years of sports industry related experience
- Minimum of 3 years client management experience in customer service
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to coach and inspire others to achieve goals
- “Superior Service” mindset that puts the customer first
- An effective communicator orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet manipulation.
- Ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Microsoft CRM.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Ability to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment
- Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and a curiosity and desire to build a career in professional sports
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Occasional domestic travel will be required.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.