Manager, Event Marketing and Administration with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Ballpark Enterprises is responsible for selling non-game day events at Nationals Park, including concerts, festivals, sporting events, and corporate events. The Manager of Marketing and Administration manages the marketing of Nationals Park as a venue and the marketing of Nationals-branded events and full ballpark events, while also serving as the administrative, research, and analytical support for the department and for strategic tourism outreach efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage content of and updates to nationals.com/events and other pages
- Manage Nationals Park social media channels
- Manage on sales, promotion, communication, and customer service for concerts, other full-ballpark events, and Nationals-branded events
- Recommend, plan, and execute prospecting events
- Manage advertising channels and content; create and manage sales presentations
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral inventory, and manage updates as needed
- Recommend events for photography and videography; book staff and prepare shot sheets
- Manage the relationship with the provider of Nationals Baseball & Softball Camps, including contracts, website, marketing, sponsorship; work with Ballpark Operations on the execution of Camp stadium visits
- Assist in preparing for and executing client site visits
- Represent Nationals Park at industry events and conferences
Research and Analytics:
- Serve as the database administrator for the Enterprises team’s use of Ungerboeck, including entering data and actualizing orders, creating new reports and resources, and rate cards, troubleshooting issues; analyze department net revenue per event and identify trends
- Use all department resources (CRM, Knowland, etc.) to run reports and identify potential leads
- Stay abreast of industry trends and generate new ideas for full ballpark events
- Conduct market research for prospective events
- Hire and manage the department intern
- Obtain event leads from all inbound channels (website, voicemail, phone, other advertising platforms) and input leads into CRM in a timely manner
- Answer the Nationals Park Events line, answer questions, qualify leads, or troubleshoot issues
- Process department paperwork: creating, scanning, and filing contracts, deposit forms, vouchers, purchase orders, final event specifications, and other documents; draft deal sheets, route for internal approvals, and route contracts for signatures, track status
- Manage all department purchasing, shipping, and storage: office supplies, client gifts, marketing materials, etc.
- Book travel and file expense reports
- Regularly review department budget compared to current actuals, recommend actions to maximize resources and stay within budget
- Assist in event operations as needed, including but not limited to concerts, Enchant Christmas, DC Beer Fest, Spartan Race, Congressional Baseball Game, ticketed corporate partnership events, and others
- Manage the Nationals relationship with Destination DC by ensuring all contracted assets are fulfilled, entering Nationals games and events on the Washington.org calendar, representing the Nationals at membership events, and recommending opportunities for additional promotions and marketing through Destination DC channels.
- Work with assigned Ticket Sales and Marketing staff to develop tourism marketing collateral, promotional materials, and exhibit displays.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, sports management, or other related field
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience
- 3 years event or venue marketing experience
- Prior experience in the events industry or entertainment industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, customers, and vendors
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Creative mindset
- Basic analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Experience using Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience using Ungerboeck or other similar software preferred
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require weekend and/or evening work.
How did you hear about this job?