Manager, Youth Program Assessment - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Director, Academy Operations, the Manager, Enrollment and Measurement & Evaluation is responsible for leading and executing the enrollment process for all Academy programs, including but not limited to BASE, HUSTLE, PLAY and Books & Baseball. The manager is also responsible for collecting data that determines the extent to which Academy programs are achieving specific outcomes (M&E).
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is the signature program of Washington Nationals Philanthropies. The Academy’s purpose is to use baseball and softball as vehicles to foster positive character development, academic achievement, and improved health among underserved youth in Washington, D.C. To achieve its purpose, the Academy implements holistic programs throughout the year at its nine-acre educational and athletic facility in the Fort DuPont neighborhood of Ward 7.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate current program enrollment processes (including information fields, cadence, delivery method, etc.) and determine whether adjustments are necessary to streamline enrollment and data collection
- Ensure coordination between programmatic outcomes and information collection during enrollment phase, specifically that all information necessary to support subsequent assessment(s) is captured
- Diagnose pain points for respective program enrollment processes, and make recommendations to alleviate them
- Develop comprehensive understanding of programmatic needs and how thoughtful enrollment can support achievement of programmatic outcomes (i.e., helping find scholar-athletes who are best-suited to benefit from Academy programs)
- Partner with program directors to determine how programmatic needs inform the information to be collected during enrollment’
- Ensure actual information collection aligns with written annual cadence across all Academy programs, partnering with program staff as necessary to execute collection
- Provide the necessary foundation for subsequent data collection that will occur, including scholar athlete retention and ongoing program-specific assessments
- Plan and execute timely, complete and repeatable collection of data, including but not limited to registration, attendance/participation, academic assessment, social-emotional learning test results, Academy Market demand and efficiency, and objective athletic measures
- Serve as subject matter expert of managing database used for analyzing programs.
- Streamline process of internal data dissemination for marketing and development purposes, specifically by automating data population to an internal dashboard
- Perform initial analysis of results, specifically in relationship to enrollment, attendance, and the achievement (or non-achievement) of stated programmatic outcomes)
- Present analysis internally and make recommendations for consideration as to programmatic improvement of tactical changes relating to enrollment
- Achieve all professional goals and outcomes under an umbrella of fiscal accountability
- Manage up to one (1) full-time team member whose role will be aligned with the same primary responsibilities
- Contribute meaningfully to a rewarding and productive work culture that promotes continuous learning
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in areas of data collection, survey design, information analysis and/or program operations
- Previous experience with data collection software (including but not limited to UpMetrics, Survey Monkey, Wufoo or similar platforms)
- Background or demonstrated interest in youth development or education, particularly in under-resourced/under-served communities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to use data to inform processes and strategies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Responsible, organized, and detail-oriented
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.