Intern, Ticket Operations 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Ticket Operations Intern will work closely with the Ticket Operations staff in the selling, printing, and mailing of single & group tickets, season packages, and special ticket events and initiatives. The Intern will assist in the processing of internal CRM departmental requests and will be instrumental in the implementation, execution and reporting of Nationals ticket offers, discounts, and promotions through the ProVenue ticketing system. Interns should assist the Ticket Operations Department in providing a wider more intensive service net for our external customers and internal departments.
The Ticket Operations Intern is expected to provide exceptional customer service to Nationals Park patrons at all times. The Intern will be tasked with preparation and set up of the four Box Office locations around Nationals Park and be heavily involved with servicing patrons within the Ticket Services Lobby on gamedays. Candidates should possess superior customer service skills and have the ability to interpret and react quickly as situations arise in a fast paced work environment.
The Intern will be provided the opportunity to experience the daily and gameday functions of a MLB ticket operations department. Candidates must have prior customer service experience as well as be experienced with internet and web based browsers/searches, MS Office applications such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and have superior writing/reading comprehension. Prior experience in the handling and reconciliation of cash is required. The intern will be expected to work long irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the processing, printing and distribution of season, group and individual game tickets
- Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Nationals Curly W Commitment and the Season Ticket Holder Exchange policies
- Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns
- Support in supervision and training of seasonal ticket seller staff
- Assist in the generation of reports based on promotions, sales, inventory, etc.
- Utilize automated ticketing system, Tickets.com ProVenue, to process all internal & external ticket requests
- Assist in tracking and reporting discounts and total ticket numbers
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization to ensure internal ticketing requests are fulfilled
- Update policies and procedures manual and assist in special projects
- Uphold the core integrities of performance, excellence and accountability
- Provide customer service support on gamedays in the Ticket Services lobby
- Assist with administrative tasks for the department, i.e. CRM, data entry, updating spreadsheets, filling, scanning, data entry/processing, and general office work
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of common office areas and storage spaces
- Aid in the gameday preparation of the box offices including, outfitting supplies, stanchion setup, signage placement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Ticket Operations staff
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience
- Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program (Feb-Oct 2019).
- Exhibits strong desire & passion to work in sports and Ticket Operations.
- Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience processing and handling cash and/or other payment methods.
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- An effective communicator both orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Displays initiative in projects while demonstrating the ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Prior experience in a customer service/retail environment.
- Proficiency in typing and computer technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Computerized ticketing experience, particularly in the Tickets.com Provenue operating system, is desired yet is not a prerequisite.
- Fluently bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Include one of the following:
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. Position entails extensive interaction with fans and guests of Nationals Park. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?