Intern, Security 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Security Intern will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a Ballpark Operations Department. They will be an integral gameday point-of-contact for a variety of inter-departmental and extra-departmental requests and support the entire department in the successful implementation and management of gameday operations and events. The Security Intern will primarily support gameday operations and security needs within the department and will receive a diverse experience while also contributing greatly to the department’s effectiveness in running a world-class facility.
The Nationals are a military friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of the internship: March to November
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff and gameday credential requests.
- Maintain inventory and functionality of all departmental equipment. Provide troubleshooting and calibration of equipment as needed.
- Manage special projects in support of the Security department
- Assist with departmental budgeting duties
- Assist in the collection, dissemination, and execution of all ballpark visitor requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires working on weekends and evenings on a regular basis
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Experience Preferred Intern
How did you hear about this job?