Intern, Promotions 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The seasonal intern position is an integral part of the Promotions & Events department. The individual to fill this role will be exposed to and responsible for a variety of gameday initiatives. These initiatives will include, but not be limited to, the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, promotional giveaways, Fan Appreciation and numerous theme nights & special ticket events through the course of the season. This intern position will be heavily relied upon to interact with fans on a daily basis and trusted to communicate with fans in a friendly, but professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the youth marketing initiatives including Jr. Nationals Kids Club and Kids Run The Bases
- Serve as a liaison to fans and members of the Jr. Nationals Kids Club including:
- Activating the Jr. Nats kiosk every Saturday and Sunday home game
- Managing fan correspondences and requests sent in to the Jr. Nats inbox
- Writing copy to include in the monthly newsletter and the website
- Assist with the execution of all special events associated with the Kids Club (i.e. online contests, batting practice viewing opportunities, player meet & greets, etc.)
- Assist in the execution of all theme nights & special events by coordinating with vendors, entertainment, event staff, etc.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of promotional inventory for the Promotions and Events department including the distribution of items, storage organization, etc.
- Assist in all promotional activities related to home games
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Promotions & Events
- Currently enrolled student of an accredited College or University (either graduate or undergraduate) and have completed 1 semester or a recent graduate within the last 6 months.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program (March 2020-October 2020).
- Available to work at least 25 hours per week.
- Must be available to work all Sunday home games.
- Successfully complete a Background Investigation.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require attendance at all Nationals home games, and may require physical tasks outdoors.
How did you hear about this job?