Intern, Production 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
The production intern is an invaluable part of our production staff. The intern assists with all aspects of our game day and non-game day productions and has the opportunity to perform many of the same tasks of our full and part time staff.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit videos with a fast turnaround for Nationals Park video board, social media, web and TV
- Video duplication to multiple formats
- Log and capture videos, help maintain production equipment and workflow
- Assist with updating and maintaining media elements
Game Day Execution
- Assist with setup and execution of pregame and in-game elements
- Assist with setup and breakdown of cameras and equipment
- Train on multiple game day production positions
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
- Available for the entire term of the Internship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must have video production experience including non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere), writing, camera operation, lighting and audio set up
- Must be Mac savvy
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Must be knowledgeable of the Washington Nationals players, baseball statistics, rules and records
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.