Intern, New Media Production 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
New Media Interns will work with the New Media Manager to learn new skills and receive valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a sports new media department. S/he will also gain hands-on experience working game days, creating social media, organizing website and email plans, editing content and working in a fast paced environment.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: March to September
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under guidance of New Media Manager, lay out social media schedule and create social media content.
- Take pictures and use Photoshop to edit pictures and prepare them for posting.
- Pull data from the Nationals digital outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, emails, etc.).
- Assist with written and visual content across Nationals.com and related digital outlets.
- Track social media trends to guide future posts.
- Work with the entire Marketing Department as needed during events and promotions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
- Preferred areas of study include: Digital Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Film or Creative Design.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent writing skills with copyediting experience required.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social platforms required.
- Experience with social media measurement tools preferred.
- Photography, Photoshop and photo editing experience preferred.
- Experience in writing and visual storytelling a plus.
- Experience in screenwriting, video production and video editing a plus.
- Graphic design, comic animation, drawing or other artistic portfolio a plus.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position requires occasional weekend and/or evening work based upon the team's home game schedule.
How did you hear about this job?